I love watching the Super Bowl even though my team didn’t make it this year :( I still love watching the commercials and eating all the foods!
However, most of the time the foods are fried, processed and full of fat but I can help you with that! I have come up with some great CLEAN Super Bowl Foods everyone at your party will love!
One Pot Chili
· 1 lb. Grass Fed Ground Beef
· 4 oz. can Green Chiles
· 1 can Diced Tomatoes
· 1 cup Beef Bone Broth
· 1 cup Tomato Juice
· 1 can Black Beans
· 1 small Yellow Onion – diced
· 2 TBSP Cumin
· 2 TBSP Chili Powder
· Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Add Beef and Onion to large pot. Cook until beef is browned.
2. Add everything else into pot and stir together
3. Let cook on medium for 30 min.
4. Let simmer on low for an hour
Note: You can setup a chili bar or just serve with the corn bread in the next recipe!
Mini Cornbread Muffins
· 1 cup milk of choice, room temperature or warm (this is important so that the coconut oil doesn't harden once added)
· 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
· 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, melted
· 1/2 cup honey
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
· 2/3 cup medium grind gluten-free cornmeal
· 1 1/3 cup oat flour (if you do not have oat flour you can quickly grind some oats up in a blender)
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
1. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees spray mini muffin pan wells with nonstick spray.
2. Pour the milk in a large mixing bowl, add the apple cider vinegar, and give it a few stirs. Let sit for 5 minutes while preparing the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
4. To the milk mixture, add the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla and stir until well combined.
5. Add the dry mixture and frozen corn stir just until combined.
6. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake muffins for 10 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out with a few moist crumbs but no wet batter.
Chicken Meatballs with Yogurt Wing Sauce Dip
· 2 lbs. of Ground Chicken
· 1 TBSP Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning
· 1/2 TBSP Garlic Powder
· 1 TBSP Avocado Oil
· 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1. Add Avocado Oil to skillet and heat
2. While the oil is heating up mix the chicken and seasonings in a bowl
3. Once the oil is hot start forming the chicken mixture into balls and put in the skillet. (Do not fill the skillet too much. You do not want the meatballs to touch. You may have to do two rounds.)
4. Flip the meatballs in the pan so each side gets a good brown outer layer. (They do not have to be cooked all the way through)
5. Once each side of the Meatball is nice a browned place the Meatballs in an oven save casserole dish. Once you have all the Meatballs in the dish add Chicken Broth to the bottom of the pan and cover with foil.
6. Place the dish in a 350-degree preheated oven and let finishing cooking for 20 min.
7. Take them out and serve warm!
Yogurt Wing Sauce
· 1 cup Plain Almond Milk Yogurt (you can use any yogurt you like)
· 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
· 1/2 TBSP Tomato Paste
· Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add more hot sauce if you like it hotter!
2. Let sit in fridge for at least an hour (You can make this the night before)
Place the Meatballs and Sauce on a Platter and Serve!
Note: You can add celery, carrot sticks or some blue cheese crumbles!
· 2 Ripe Avocados
· 1/2 cup Fresh Pico de Gallo (I get mine from the prepared food section at the grocery store)
1. Cut and remove the avocado from the skins into and bowl and mash
2. Add the fresh pico mix with mashed avocado
3. Place in a serving platter and serve with veggies and tortilla chips. (Siete Brand Tortilla chips our mine fav! The Lime flavor is awesome with the Guacamole)
Mini Twice Baked Potato Skins
· 1/2 lb. Bacon
· 1 cup Dairy Free Cheese Spread (My Favorite is Barefood'n Cashew Cheese)
· 6 Red Skin Potatoes
· Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash and cut potatoes in half long ways
2. Place halved potatoes on a baking pan and place in a 400-degree oven for 30 min or until cooked all the way through.
3. While potatoes are cooking cook the bacon and set aside to cool.
4. Once potatoes are done scoop out center and place in bowl
5. In the same bowl with the center of the potato add cheese and salt and pepper. Mix together
6. Add the cheese mixture back into the potato and Broil in the oven for 10 minutes or until the tops brown.
7. Once done take the potatoes out and place on a plate. Crumble the cooked bacon over the top of each potato and serve!
For the final play and something a little sweet!
· Simple Mills Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
· Simple Mills Vanilla Icing
1. Mix the cookie up as directed on the box
2. Place all the dough on a sprayed cookie sheet and shape like a football
3. Place football cookie in oven and cook as directed on the cookie mix
4. Once cookie is done let it cool
5. While cookie is cooling take the icing and place in a pastry bag and warm up with hands. (this icing is a little stiffer than normal icing because it is made with coconut oil)
6. When cookie is cool take icing and add the football details.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
I hope everyone has a great Super Bowl Sunday!